Most ordered curry for Indian breads in Restaurants is nothing but a very rich n creamy - Paneer peas butter masala. Home made curries always make us feel very happy and comfort.. Am I right? And that too when we prepare our loved ones favourite dish at home... double happy right!!! This is my hubby's and my mom's most favourite side dish. My mom always make sure that she orders this and butter naan for her, whenever we step in to restaurants... So last week prepared this buttery curry for my hubby n mom... They just loved every bite of it ! Easy to prepare and it tasted like the restaurant style....
Here is the recipe of my style Paneer-peas Butter Masala....
- 2 Onions, chopped
- 3 Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Bay leaf
- 2 Star anise
- 2 Elachi
- 1/2 inch Cinnamon stick
- 1 Tsp Chilli powder
- 2 Tbsp Fresh cream
- 100 gms Paneer, cubed
- 1 Cup Peas, frozen or fresh
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Tsp Kasuri Methi ( Dried Fenugreek powder )
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Heat 1 Tbsp of butter in a pan and add bay leaf followed by star anise, elachi and cinnamon.
- Add the chopped onions and fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Now add the chopped tomatoes and fry them together until the tomatoes turns soft.
- Remove from the flame and cool them.
- Grind it to a fine paste and keep aside.
- Add 1 Tbsp of butter in a pan and add the cubed paneer. Fry them for 5 minutes and remove from the flame.
- Add the fried paneer cubes to a warm water. ( To make paneer very soft ).
- Now add the remaining 1 Tbsp of butter in a pan and add the ground masala.
- Cook for couple of minutes and add the peas.
- Now add the chilli powder and salt.
- Cook for 7-10 minutes. Add the kasuri methi and mix well.
- Add the fresh cream and mix well.
- Remove from the flame, garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
Serving Options :
Serve with Roti and Naan.
Linking this with Priya's " Valentines day recipe "